Chincoteague Oyster Festival
This event is held to promote the seafood industry and mark the arrival of the oyster season. Come and enjoy oysters—raw, steamed, fritters, and single fried; clam fritters, clam chowder, shrimp cocktail, salad bar, hot dogs, hush puppies, and Boardwalk fries. Beverages are included in the ticket price with beer available for purchase. Island Boy, a festival favorite for over 25 years, will provide live entertainment for everyone’s enjoyment. An Extravaganza Raffle is held with the winner receiving t-shirts, tickets, lodging, gift certificates for meals, and much more for the following year’s festival. A favorite at the festival is the “Best Place/Space Award” which is given to the best decorated area. There will also be a variety of souvenirs available for purchase. This is an advance ticketed event that is typically sold out before festival day. Order e-tickets online at www.chincoteaguechamber.com. The Chamber accepts all major credit cards and there is a $6 shipping and handling fee per order. Gates open at 10 am for admission and set-up. Appetizers served at 11 am and full menu available at 12:00 noon. Festival ends at 4:00 pm.
• NO PETS INSIDE THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS
• NO RE-ENTRY TO FESTIVAL GROUNDS AFTER NOON
• ALL FOOD MUST STAY ON FESTIVAL GROUNDS
• THE CHINCOTEAGUE OYSTER FESTIVAL IS HELD RAIN OR SHINE, HOWEVER IS SUBJECT TO DELAY OR RESCHEDULING. EVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE TO HAVE THE FESTIVAL ON THE DATE AND TIME ADVERTISED. HOWEVER, CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CHAMBER'S CONTROL MAY REQUIRE RESCHEDULING OR DELAY. ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED IN SUCH CASE. UPON PURCHASE OF TICKET, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
Cost: $45.00 Adults, Children under 5 are free
8128 Beebe Road
Chincoteague Island, VA 23336
More Event Ideas
- More Fundraisers and Galas Events
- Thursday, Nov 15, 6:30 PM
- Saturday, Nov 17, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 17, 8:30 AM